Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Trails of an Eternal Child

This is but an immortal child's playground. It's a journey through the eyes of a small minded fool, a shattered mirror in which maybe someone or something can reflect; a small prison for minds less fortunate than the author's, a chance of survival in a funny world. It is the gateway to another dimension, the realm of a child that never sleeps, never rests, never ages; the child is afraid, and that loathsome fear may as well be known to you. It is the fear of his own self. If you are tempted to follow the trails that child leaves behind, please feel free to do so. It is not an invitation, nor a challenge. It is a choice.

I'll leave the door open and who knows... Maybe you 'll find me in there too, following the same trails, searching for the same young, eternal child. I do not know the ending, nor do I fear to look inside. I am the willing prey of an unwilling hunter. May I find peace...

No comments: